Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Totally Disgusted

Well, I thought I'd seen it all, but this one takes the cake.  It's an anthology call where there is no payment except a copy but you have to pay a $15 fee to submit your story.  Oh, and to "further support _____ Publishing and to ensure you receive a copy when it comes out" you should use the $20 fee button to submit.  And guess what - there's no guarantee that your story will be included for that handsome fee of $20.

Some publishing houses have really large brass balls.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Just wanted to thank you for your posts. I've found your blog to be a better source than Writer's Market! And that's saying something.

sandra seamans said...

Thanks, Stacy, and welcome to the Corner! I've got it easier than Writer's Market, I focus mostly on crime fiction markets :)

Stephen D. Rogers said...

Hey Sandra,

If you focused on markets for crime fiction, you'd only post a couple times a year. :)

Stephen

sandra seamans said...

True, but many of the horror markets take crime fiction. I do wish there were more to report, Stephen. Ah well, sci-fi and fantasy are alive and well for short story writers.