Sunday, August 18, 2013

Finding Markets

Finding new markets for your work can be a tricky business.  Recently, on two different sites, I found a listing for an anthology call over at Zombie Works Publications.

Now, one of my pet peeves for anthology calls is the "open until filled" call, especially when they don't tell you when a call is filled.  Such was the case here, but really, did they fill that call in one day?  At the top of the call when I looked it said submissions are closed.  Curiosity got the better of me and I started clicking on the site links.  The archives last listed post was in December of 2012.  This site hasn't been active for eight months.

So when you're looking for new markets, always check out the entire site, not just the submission calls.  That one small thing could save you a lot of time and frustration. 

No comments: