Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Hard-Boiled Dimension - New Market

This new market will make you crime writers happy, except for the non-paying market part, of course.  The Hard-Boiled Dimension is looking for both speculative fiction and gritty crime stories.  You can combine the elements but it's not necessary.  The word limit is 2500 and as I said before, it's a non-paying market.  You can find the guidelines here.

UPDATE:  June 6, 2013  This site has disappeared into the ether, folks.  No word why.

6 comments:

Dusty said...

Thanks for the nod. Everyone likes to get paid, but I mostly want something where people can have fun. Maybe they have some decent stories that are hard sells and don't want them to go to waste. Plus, I'm willing to work with submitters when it comes to revisions and notes, so I'm hoping that makes it worth the effort.

sandra seamans said...

Thanks for dropping by Dusty! I wasn't complaining so much as noting that there doesn't seem to be many paying crime markets. We've sorta come to expect that with online zines. And I have no doubts that you'll get submissions because crime fiction markets are few and far between :) Good luck with your zine!!

Dusty said...

That's true. I've got a piece coming up on ShotgunHoney.net. No pay, but it's a nice zine.

Dusty said...

Also, maybe you could post about this anthology? Not mine, I'm neither contributor nor editor, but a friend is editing who's local to my region. Big SF names already signed on. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/neverland-s-library-anthology/

sandra seamans said...

Love Shotgun Honey! I've had a couple of stories posted there myself.

I posted about the Neverland's Library anthology when it first hit the ether, Dusty. I certainly hope they raise the money they need.

Dusty said...

Okay, thanks.