Sunday, March 11, 2012

Morning Chuckles

Having a blog attracts all sorts of people to your site and dumps all kinds of requests into your email account. Yesterday I was sent a free e-copy of a novel. Now I don't open emails with files attached before I do a search for the person who sent the email. Imagine my surprise when I clicked on this author's site http://www.ericcoyote.com

Oh, yes, he's giving away free copies of his ultra noir detective novel, "The Long Drunk", in exchange for an Amazon review. And no, I haven't read it, but I couldn't resist linking to this guy's web site.

6 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I get free hard copies in the mail. I don't review new books but they keep coming. I don't know why.

sandra seamans said...

Maybe they're hoping you'll change your mind.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I won't. 365 keeps me busy. Although I love the hunt each day for my story. I am sure it will get tiresome midway through but then the adrenalin will kick in like in a marathon.

sandra seamans said...

I read several short stories a day, Patti, but find it hard to describe what I've read without giving too much away. :) Despite that I'm loving 365.

Ron Scheer said...

The irony, I suppose, is that my "365" project is early westerns published 100 years ago. While I'm giving blog reviews to authors who are long dead, I get review copies of westerns from thoroughly living authors that I lack the time to read. There's not a lot of logic in that.

sandra seamans said...

There's never enough hours for it all is there, Ron? Are you enjoying the old Westerns?