Monday, March 28, 2011

Linkage

Wendy Wagner has an excellent post about embracing your inner writer over at Ink Punks http://www.inkpunks.com/2011/03/25/why-creepy-is-my-thing/#content For those of you thinking about going the self-publishing ebook route, you should read this post by Robert Gray over at Hell Notes. For the first time since I've started reading about all this ebook hoopla someone has finally sat down and punched a few calculator buttons. Quite the eye-opener. http://hellnotes.com/gray-matter-the-new-writers-rejection-zero-purchases/

3 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Interesting article indeed at Hellnotes. Whew! Glad I sold more than ten of ROUND ONE.

David Barber said...

For me that bridge is in the distance (if it ever gets crossed) but that was a very interesting read indeed. I've said on my blog and others in the past, if you're work is good enough then it's going to get accepted somewhere. My opinion with self publishing and ebooks is that people just 'need' to see their work in book form, no matter what. It's a brave step and good luck to them but that post was an eye opener indeed.

sandra seamans said...

Yes, I think all the upfront expense is something that is overlooked when discussing e-publishing. If you want something to be proud of you need editors, cover art, and if you're not computer savvy, someone to format your work for you. And all of that cost money.