Monday, July 5, 2010

Rambling Post 4th Links

I hope everyone is enjoying their 4th of July holiday and for those of you not in the States, I hope you had a great weekend. I lost my Internet server yesterday afternoon so I didn't get a post up. And yes, I'm rambling a bit here today as my mind is lost to a pair of stories I've been piecing together in my head and jotting down notes for before I start tapping away at the keyboard, and one flash story that's finished and in need of a market. And in the spirit of my rambling mind here are a few links that are all over the place.

Chuck Wendig has an interesting post on his blog this morning about art vs craft. http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2010/07/05/beyond-art-and-ego/

Patti Abbott has started a discussion about genre fiction vs literary fiction that's quite interesting. http://pattinase.blogspot.com/2010/07/is-so-called-genre-fiction-as-good-so.html

A few posts back I mentioned a new zine called Basement Stories. If you're considering submitting to this market you might drop on over to DL Snells Market Scoops blog for an interview with the editors to find out what they're looking for. http://marketscoops.blogspot.com/2010/06/basement-stories-magazine.html

And for a great round-up links, drop on over to David Cranmer's blog. He's got links to Alec Cizak's new zine "All Due Respect", links to the new Western Fictioneers Organization, an entertaining interview with Bill Crider over at Gutter Books and that's just naming a few. http://davidcranmer.blogspot.com/2010/07/missed-links-perhaps.html

Oh yes, and Paul Brazill dropped me an email to say that Pulp Metal is now publishing short stories as they come instead of publishing quarterly.

4 comments:

David Cranmer said...

I really like the look of Pulp Metal's site. May just have to drop something over there.

Belated Happy 4th to you, Sandra.

sandra seamans said...

Happy 4th to you also, David. And yes, the new site is much nice being both easier to read and navigate. Sometimes change is good!

sandra seamans said...

And that would be much nicer, though nice is good :)

Charles Gramlich said...

I've been thinking about Pulp Metal myself.