Thursday, May 6, 2010

Little Bits

Over at the Women of Mystery blog the lovely Kathleen Ryan has posted some contests that might be of interest to some of you. http://www.womenofmystery.net/2010/05/fiction-writing-contests.html

I've noticed that whenever writers talk about shorts they tend to use the title, "The Long and Short of It". Yeah, that's the title of this essay by novelist Alma Alexander. http://www.sfnovelists.com/2010/05/05/the-long-and-the-short-of-it/ This is a very lovely piece that actually shows the difference between how a novelist would tell a story and how a short story writer views the same story. Lovely stuff.

And over at Spinetingler, Brian Lindenmuth has created Crime Song Wednesdays. Every week he posts about a noir song, so when I heard this song yesterday, I thought about Brian. Even cozies need a song now and then :) http://indyconcerts.com/music-news/funny-new-country-song-i-pray-for-you-by-jaron-and-the-long-road-to-love/ If you need a good chuckle on this rainy morning (at least its raining here) this is the song for you.

4 comments:

Brian Lindenmuth said...

Does that mean I can pencil you in for a guest spot?

Kathleen A. Ryan said...

Thank you for your kind mention, Sandra! I appreciate it!
I LOVED "I Pray for You" ~ it's hysterical. Thanks for passing it along! Great stuff...

sandra seamans said...

I'll have to think about that, Brian. I just love country music because its all about storytelling. You can listen to a song, pick a genre and run with it. Great stuff!

You're welcome, Kathleen! Its a great fun song isn't it?

Kathleen A. Ryan said...

I thought it was hilarious! So glad you posted it. I put it on my FB page to share with others...