Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Few Quick Links

I've mentioned that Northern Frights publishing was looking for submissions for an anthology and they've recently announced a second one. They're looking for stories inspired by HG Wells "The Time Machine" The deadline for this and the previous anthology is December 31 for stories up to 8000 words. Payment is a penny a word with a $50 cap, paid through PayPal. You can find the details for both anthologies here http://northernfrightspublishing.webs.com/guidelines.htm

Charles Tan has a wonderful interview up on his blog with short story author, Adam Golaski. http://charles-tan.blogspot.com/2009/11/interview-adam-golaski.html I must say, though, that I don't think any of us would get published if we submitted a collection in quite the way he did!

This last link is to an essay by Bev Vincent about book packagers. http://storytellersunplugged.com/blog/2009/11/17/location-location-location/ There's also a link at the beginning of this essay to another essay that explains all about book packagers. This was something I'd never heard about before so I found it quite interesting. Well, actually, I'd heard of book packagers but thought they boxed books in a warehouse. You learn something new every day.

2 comments:

Adam Golaski said...

Ms. Seamans, Thanks for linking to my interview. Pleased you found it interesting, even if my approach to ms. submission doesn't seem to you very practical! Really, tho, a fine application of honey will dramatically improve any ms.'s chance of acceptance. I find Africanized bee honey to be the bitter best. + my best to you! I'll keep an eye out for upcoming publications w/ yr name on it!

sandra seamans said...

Welcome to the corner, Adam. We love short stories here, so linking is always a pleasure. And I guess I'd better stock up on honey if that's what it takes to get published ;-)