Friday, April 3, 2009

We Love Shorts!

Scrolling through Ralan.com this morning, I discovered a new flash site. Yeah! While its billed as horror, they take their scares in any way, shape or genre and Paul, they dig the black humor. The first stories will hit the web on June 1 but they're open for subs as of yesterday.

What? Oh, the details. The site's name is The Daily Tourniquet, word count maxes out at 1500, so you have plenty of room to play. They're hoping to make this an every day, in your e-box sort of deal, like FlashShot and Every Day Fiction. And from the looks of the site, well, they just might make it happen. So, here's the url, go have a gander and get writing. http://www.dailytourniquet.com/?page_id=5

And for you short story lovers out there, Patti Abbott is sponsoring a forgotten short stories spot next Friday. If you've got a blog, post a review of your favorite short story. Get the word out that shorts are here to stay and they're a fun way to pass the time. Share the secret!

6 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

And I hope you will have one.

sandra seamans said...

Already have one picked out, though I'm not much of a reviewer.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Me either. That's why I seldom have one on my blog. Our parents taught us to only say kind things, I think.

sandra seamans said...

Exactly. "If you can't say something good, don't say anything at all." Plus for me, reading has always been a form of escape. I hate poking sticks at writers who lend so much pleasure to my life.

Paul D Brazill said...

Hi sandra. i'm back from another lost weekend but will check out soonest. thanks again.

sandra seamans said...

Welcome back, Paul! I was missing your comments sprinkled about the blog world and wondered if all was well with you. Good to "see" you again.